Mortgage Medics become members of the Equity Release Council
Mortgage Medics are delighted to announce that the firm and all our advisers are now members of the Equity Release Council.
We’ve been offering advice on equity release for the over 55s for more than a decade, and we’ve always applied the highest standards of quality and integrity to our equity release advice process, so we’re proud to display the ERC kite mark logo as an indicator to consumers of our commitment to excellence in this fast-growing area.
The Council’s aims and objectives are centred on sustaining and growing this safe and innovative market, whilst ensuring continued focus is on positive outcomes for the consumer. They aim to provide unbiased information, educating the consumer, influencing policy and positioning equity release as a true and relevant mainstream option in the ‘At and In’ retirement phases of our economic infrastructure.
As members, we will comply with all statutory regulation, as well as the ERC principles and required consumer outcomes, which are set out below.
- Members will ensure that all their actions promote public confidence in equity release
- Members will act at all times in utmost good faith, with the best interests of their customers being paramount, by treating customers fairly in all their actions
- Members will ensure conflicts of interest are identified swiftly and managed fairly
- Members will seek to deliver suitable outcomes for customers from initial sale through every point of contact during the life of the product.
Required Customer Outcomes
- ERC members will provide advice, information and professional services that are clear, transparent and impartial.
- They will offer customers the products and services that suit their needs best and which are fairly priced
- Members will seek to identify and provide appropriate support to customers who may be exposed to physical, mental and financial vulnerability at any point of contact
- Customers will be confident that they will be able to live in their own home for as long as they wish, or move to a suitable alternative property, as long as they abide by the terms and conditions of their contract
- Members will do their best to make sure that customers understand their rights and responsibilities at every point of contact.